Hot dinner rolls are always a family favorite. Perfect to add to the Thanksgiving table fresh from the oven. Brush warm rolls with melted butter just before serving.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat milk, water, and 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan until very warm (120 degrees to 130 degrees F).
- Add warm milk mixture to the flour mixture. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed of an electric mixer, scraping the bowl occasionally. Add 1/4 cup flour; beat for 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Shape pieces into balls and place in a greased 8-inch round pan. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake rolls in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.